Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (9 posts)

PAYOUTS (WP7)

Last post 1/2/2012 10:43 PM by Dominic Ayre. 8 replies.
  • 2/24/2011 10:16 AM In reply to

Is my account ready for payments??

Hallo,

i am a xbox360 indie developer from germany, and a few weeks ago i got my ITIN from the IRS. After i have received my ITIN i send a W8-BEN form to Microsoft.

When i take a look at "my business" -> "personal and tax information" i get the message that the W8-BEN form is processed and my account is ready for payments.

ok, but when i open my account details on app hub and i click on payee details i receive the following message :

"Your W-8 form which is required by the IRS in order to receive payment, has either not been received or currently pending validation."

Is my account ready for payments, like i see in the "my business" section or not???

Thanks for helping me! :)

Andreas
  • 2/28/2011 6:47 PM In reply to

Re: Is my account ready for payments??

If you sent that information in then most likely you can ignore that message, it will go away after you meet the $150 threshold. We do not validate this information until you qualify for payment. Please ignore the mesage.
    If you need to pursure this isuse further, For XBOX and XBLIG related issues please contact creators@microsoft.com with your details.

For WP7 app hub membership issues for paid accounts please submit a support request.
    https://windowsphone.create.msdn.com/support?redirectToUrl=%2FApp
  • 3/1/2011 10:48 PM

PAYOUTS (WP7)

All revenue share calculations are performed on transactions for which Microsoft is able to collect money. The last payout, in January, was for November and December sales. The upcoming payout for January will be at the end of February. The collection time varies depending on the payment method and in general is:

• · 15 to 30 days for credit card billing
    • · 90 to 120 days for mobile operator billing to reach Microsoft.

So while apps may have been sold, money has not been collected due to billing cycles customers have with their carriers, followed in turn by payments the carriers then make to Microsoft. I hope this helps clarify the process.

- Please note that the Payee and Bank Information will remain Pending until you reach the $200 minimum payout threshold in accumulated sales.

-Please ensure that your banking information for your account is accurate so that when you do qualify for your first payout, it can be verified for the electronic transfer of funds, at that time.

If you need to pursue this further, please create a support request via the e-form: https://windowsphone.create.msdn.com/support?redirectToUrl=%2FApp
  • 4/19/2011 12:41 PM In reply to

Where can I find the payout amount due to me?

I am curious about a few things.
    I am getting a bank account info incomplete when I have filled out all info???
    How do I find what is owed to me?

Thank you
  • 4/19/2011 11:20 PM In reply to

Re: Where can I find the payout amount due to me?

Hello,

The Payee and Bank Information remain “Pending” until you reach the $200 minimum payout threshold. Only then is your bank and tax information validated, so the message will remain. For the payout reports, those are only available after payout occurs, otherwise you will need to go by your cumulative and daily reports. Please note these are not dates when Microsoft collects money for the apps, only the download dates.

For information on how payout is calculated, please visit our FAQs here:

http://xbox.create.msdn.com/en-US/home/faq/windows_phone_7#wp7faq51

Best Regards,

Ben

The Windows Phone Marketplace Support Team

• 10/15/2011 11:39 AM In reply to

W8-BEN

I'm not sure if I have a problem or not. In my WP7 section, it says...

There was an error while saving your changes.
    Your W-8 form which is required by the IRS in order to receive payment, has failed validation. Most of the W-8 forms fail validation due to one of the following reasons (this is not a complete list):
    You did not sign and date the form.
    You did not provide the same identification data (name, address, etc.) in the form that you provided during your registration process.
    You did not fill the correct values for lines 9 and 10 of Part II of the W-8BEN form.
    You need to send us a corrected W-8 form. We recommend sending us the form with some tracking mechanism.

but in my Xbox section it says...

W8 Form processed. Ready to be paid.

Is this normal? I haven't submitted my first game yet, to either service (I have published a free app to WP7, but that clearly doesn't count). However, my game is getting close to completion and it will be on both Xbox and WP7 so I'd like to have this done right.
  • 12/30/2011 12:15 PM In reply to

So does this mean if you don't make $200 you don't get payed anything? and is that $200 in total or per month/year etc?
  • 1/2/2012 10:32 AM In reply to

Hi,

Dominic Ayre:
    So does this mean if you don't make $200 you don't get payed anything? and is that $200 in total or per month/year etc?

Dear Dominic, may be I'm wrong but to my mind, you will be paid one time per month and each time you gain more than $200.
    ex :
    january $20 => no payment
    february $150 => no payment
    march $40 => payment of $210

@microsoft team

1. Currently, download report indicates my paid application (0.99€) was downloaded 954 times from august, 8th to december, 31th.
      But, I only receive $299 in november. Is there an issue ?
    2. My bank retain almost $20 due to currency exchange ($ => €) and almost $20 due to International funds transfert.
      Could you make payments through a European bank (in euro area)?

PS : Sorry for my english

Happy New Year
    Eric

• 1/2/2012 10:43 PM In reply to

Brilliant, thanks for that :)
Page 1 of 1 (9 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion