Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (9 posts)

[WANTED] Novaleaf Game Studios Hiring Full Time Developers (Intermediate to Senior) in Bangkok THAILAND

Last post 6/5/2010 2:59 AM by Novaleaf Software. 8 replies.
  • 6/14/2009 9:44 PM

[WANTED] Novaleaf Game Studios Hiring Full Time Developers (Intermediate to Senior) in Bangkok THAILAND

Novaleaf Game Studios is hiring!

If you are an intermediate or advanced level developer (no games experience needed), come join our team!

Below is a copy paste from our ad at Jobs DB.  FYI, we are willing to offer relocation expenses!

Game Studios: Novaleaf Game Studio is Thailand’s professional game studio focused on to the use of XNA (Microsoft’s revolutionary new game development platform). We develop complex (multi-person and multi-month) titles and our game genres range from Casual Puzzle, to Arcade Action, to MMO-RTS. These games are developed for the Windows PC and XBOX 360.

Game Developer (XBox360, C++, C#, or HLSL) Post Date: 21 May 2009

Position Location: Novaleaf Game Studios: Surawong Road, Bangkok, Thailand

Position Summary :-

Do you love to make games? Novaleaf is seeking highly skilled developers (intermediate or senior). If you want to write games or develop graphics/animation using next-gen concepts and cutting-edge technologies, come join our team! Experience in the games industry is not required, but being a "world class" developer is!

Responsibilities (What you will do on the job) :-

• Write games for the Xbox360 and PC. .

• Become an expert on a topic of your choice (graphics, AI, etc)

• Work on a team with experts from across the world: here in Bangkok

• Self manage yourself (setting your own deadlines)

• Research new products and technologies

• Working hard: we target AAA quality!

Requirements (What you must have to apply) :-

• GPA of 2.75 or higher

• Good English ability, verbal and written (English is the primary language at the office)

• Excellent programming skills (better than your peers)

• In the interview, you will be required to write algorithms on a whiteboard such as:

• String reversal (Ex: write an algorithm that will convert "Hello, World!" to "olleH, dlroW!")

• Search algorithms (Ex: write a method that returns all instances of "hello" from a string array)

• Other, harder algorithms

• Proven skills at "complex systems", simulations or games are a plus, but anything where you demonstrate the ability to work on a team and create complex, functional systems in any language (C++, C#, Java, etc)

• A passion for research. If you have never heard of the "Game Programming Gems" books do not apply.

• Multicore programming experience is a plus.

To apply: Send ALL the following to : HR@Novaleaf.com

• Put the words “Game Developer 200905” in the subject line of your email to HR@Novaleaf.com

• Resume (English)

• Biography / Personal Statement (at least 50 words)

• School Transcript

• A portfolio of your work (include source code)

More information about Novaleaf can be found at http://www.novaleaf.com/careers.htm

Qualification (Any)
    Yr(s) Exp N/A
    Job Location Bangkok - Bangrak
    Salary Negotiable
    Job Type Full Time, Permanent

• 7/3/2009 10:56 AM In reply to

Re: [WANTED] Novaleaf Game Studios Hiring Full Time Developers (Intermediate to Senior) in Bangkok THAILAND

I dont want to give away anything about the above recruitment process, but here is a caveat for anyone who applies:

This is what happened to me:

In a later part of the assessment process, I was give a task to do and a set number of days to do it in.  I worked very hard on the task for many days, and then received an email one day before the task was due to be submitted that my application was not successful because I had the wrong qualifications.  This was obviously very frustrating as they could have told me that on day one, after they received my initial application, and before I spent a great deal of my time working on a task they would never actually review.

Novaleaf are no doubt an excellent company to work for and I love Biology Battle - this is just a warning to others.

• 7/4/2009 2:14 AM In reply to

Re: [WANTED] Novaleaf Game Studios Hiring Full Time Developers (Intermediate to Senior) in Bangkok THAILAND

Hi Morgan,

I don't know the details of your application, but one thing that we noticed is that we have been getting a significant number of "less-senior" applications from outside Thailand.

Because of the relocation expenses and higher salaries for expatriate employees,  I made the decision to increase the bar for foreign candidates.  I'm sorry that you must have been caught in the middle of the change, and while I understand your frustration, I do feel it is better that we notify you immediatly and not waste your time if at all possible.

Best luck,

-Jason

• 7/8/2009 6:44 AM In reply to

Jason,

If there are significant differences between qualifications for local and international applicants, those differences should be made clear up front. 
  • 7/9/2009 5:00 PM In reply to

I will remind people that, as per the rules, discussions are not allowed in Help Wanted. You can post to ask clarifying questions that you feel are relevant to all potential applicants, but all other discussion will be deleted.
  • 7/11/2009 3:09 PM In reply to

I see you're asking the souce code of applicant's portfolio: does Novaleaf Software sign a NDA about that souce code?
  • 6/5/2010 2:13 AM In reply to

Hi PinoEire, sorry I missed your question, but here's your answer:

Generally, I'd say yes, if you feel you have something truly outstanding and "novel" then yes, we'd be happy to send you our mutual NDA to sign prior to code-portfolio receipt.   

If you have other questions, please do let me know.

• 6/5/2010 2:16 AM In reply to

Erpberger:
    Jason,

If there are significant differences between qualifications for local and international applicants, those differences should be made clear up front. 

There are no significant differences in qualifications needed.  However due to costs of international travel, for international recruits we do more of our screening up-front, instead of in the in-house technical interview.   

• 6/5/2010 2:59 AM In reply to

And, since I"m taking the time to answer these old questions, I'll take the time to say that we are still looking for awesome people to join our team.

We are writing a commercial engine using C#, and a game to go with it.

Here's a pic of our game currently (WIP)

Page 1 of 1 (9 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion