Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (5 posts)

XNA PC games released

Last post 10/21/2008 1:21 AM by RobC. 4 replies.
  • 10/14/2008 10:46 AM

XNA PC games released

Is there any unofficial listing of all XNA PC games?

I notice that releasing pc games is difficult with XNA..

Doing several searches, I have not seen more than one or two PC XNA games available for download that I can actually run on my computer.:)

I am curious if there are any free games that were created with XNA for PC and are popular?

It kind of sounds like the PC feature was a hook, to get homebrew games on the XBOX.

I hope I'm wrong about this and that there are a lot of PC games created with XNA.

• 10/14/2008 12:31 PM In reply to

Re: XNA PC games released

I've seen a number of PC games using XNA.  My favorite is the Jewel clone.  Ziggyware has a listing of XNA games that can be played on the PC @ http://www.ziggyware.com/weblinks.php?cat_id=4

The reason you probably don't see a lot of XNA games for the PC is that most developers would think "Why make it for PC when I can just make it for Xbox 360?".  But there are also people that make a PC version of their game as well.

• 10/14/2008 7:11 PM In reply to

Thanks, appreciate the info.

I'm glad I was wrong.

• 10/18/2008 6:16 PM In reply to

People could focus on PC titles more. Its a nice substitute for those who dont have an Xbox 360, you can go crazy with the graphics and visuals, and (I'm not sure if this is important to anyone or not, but) you can also create cross platorm multiplayer games for the Xbox 360 and Windows (increasing the size the online community playing it).

I also anticipate Games for Windows titles to be avalible for peer review and distribution soon (not right away soon, but soon) as shown in this post!

• 10/21/2008 1:21 AM In reply to

Zack Nelson:

People could focus on PC titles more. Its a nice substitute for those who dont have an Xbox 360, you can go crazy with the graphics and visuals, and (I'm not sure if this is important to anyone or not, but) you can also create cross platorm multiplayer games for the Xbox 360 and Windows (increasing the size the online community playing it).

I also anticipate Games for Windows titles to be avalible for peer review and distribution soon (not right away soon, but soon) as whown in this post!

One thing to note is that at the present time, the cross-platform multiplayer support (and in fact, anything that touches the Guide/GamerServices) is only intended for development.  If you put it into your game, then anyone who plays it will need a full XNA Game Studio install.

I'm also looking forward to doing PC stuff, and I'm hoping that with ClickOnce support brought into XNA 3 (which works pretty damned well from my experimentation) that there will eventually be more focus on the cross-platform divide.

Page 1 of 1 (5 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion
var gDomain='m.webtrends.com'; var gDcsId='dcschd84w10000w4lw9hcqmsz_8n3x'; var gTrackEvents=1; var gFpc='WT_FPC'; /*<\/scr"+"ipt>");} /*]]>*/
DCSIMG