Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (5 posts)

BombDizzle

Last post 6/4/2008 7:05 PM by Lord Ikon. 4 replies.
  • 6/3/2008 3:25 PM

BombDizzle

BombDizzle v0.25

I've cleaned up an XNA 1.0r sample I had going, it is now made for XNA 2.0, and I believe the sound path information is fixed so you should be able to play it without a problem.

It is unfinished, I'm posting it here as a sample in case anyone wants to learn anything from the code. Some helpful stuff is:

- Sprite scaling and rotation
    - Per-pixel sprite collision
    - Weapon systems
    - Randomization techniques
    - Very simple AI

Have fun!

• 6/3/2008 4:04 PM In reply to

Re: BombDizzle

Create a Commuity Games submission!
  • 6/4/2008 3:17 AM In reply to

I'm not confident enough it would be fun yet. v0.26 will allow for a much larger playing space, rather than a single screen. And I wanted a few more types of AI, some stuff that requires just a little more strategy. And of course, tons of bug fixes. Oh, and I don't have a CC subscription, isn't that required? Even if it wasn't, I have no way to know if it'll run properly on the 360. I'm glad you think it worthy though. :) Code isn't as pretty as I'd like, I made it about 8-9 months ago in about 20 hours, so it is far from clean. In fact, I have to re-write the physics for it for v0.26 to get proper projectile momentum relative to the entity firing it.
  • 6/4/2008 6:45 AM In reply to

Since the submission process is still in beta, I would go ahead and submit your game now.  You can get a lot of eyes to view your game and give great feedback, and you can take down your game and submit a newer version if you'd like.  Once the creators club goes out of beta it's made for final releases, but I see no harm and having your game uploaded in its current state.  Heck you could tag "Beta" to the title if you wanted and include a link or email address to send feedback to.

I know you said you don't have a CC membership, but you could get a friend to submit it for you.  Even if it doesn't make it through the process, you still get free bug testing :-)

• 6/4/2008 7:05 PM In reply to

IEqualShane:
    I know you said you don't have a CC membership, but you could get a friend to submit it for you.  Even if it doesn't make it through the process, you still get free bug testing :-)

It is something to consider, thanks for the idea. I'd at least go through it and get the bulk of the basic stuff and bug fixes done, I wouldn't want to submit with any blatent bugs that reproduce themselves constantly. Beta, to me, says that most of the bugs have been found and fixed, and the ones remaining are minor or cosmetic. This thing is more like pre-alpha. The only reason I release things like this so early are for people to learn from if they need.

Page 1 of 1 (5 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion