Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (5 posts)

Importing Daz3D Studio 4.5 Pro animated character model into Sunburn

Last post 4/16/2013 10:48 PM by Derrick. 4 replies.
  • 3/10/2013 11:16 PM

Importing Daz3D Studio 4.5 Pro animated character model into Sunburn

I created an animated 3D character in Daz3D 4.5 Professional, exported it to .fbx format and tried to import it onto my XNA game using Sunburn and got this:

Unable to build asset.
    -Building content threw NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    - at SgMotionPipeline.Pipeline.SkinnedModelProcessor.Process(NodeContent input, ContentProcessorContext context)
    - at

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.ContentProcessor`2.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.IContentProcessor.Proc

ess(Object input, ContentProcessorContext context)
    - at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAssetWorker(BuildItem item)
    - at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAsset(BuildItem item)
    - at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.RunTheBuild()
    - at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Tasks.BuildContent.RemoteProxy.RunTheBuild(BuildCoordinatorSettings

settings, TimestampCache timestampCache, ITaskItem[] sourceAssets, String[]& outputContent, String[]& rebuiltContent,

String[]& intermediates, Dictionary`2& dependencyTimestamps, KeyValuePair`2[]& warnings)

I tried saving it in Blender format, then loading it in Blender and exporting in XNA using the XNA strict options and got:

WalkingDude3.fbx: Unable to build asset.
    -Building content threw NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    - at SgMotionPipeline.Pipeline.SkinnedModelProcessor.Process(NodeContent input, ContentProcessorContext context)
    - at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.ContentProcessor`2.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.IContentProcessor.Process(Object input, ContentProcessorContext context)
    - at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAssetWorker(BuildItem item)
    - at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAsset(BuildItem item)
    - at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.RunTheBuild()
    - at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Tasks.BuildContent.RemoteProxy.RunTheBuild(BuildCoordinatorSettings settings, TimestampCache timestampCache, ITaskItem[] sourceAssets, String[]& outputContent, String[]& rebuiltContent, String[]& intermediates, Dictionary`2& dependencyTimestamps, KeyValuePair`2[]& warnings)

What am I doing wrong?
  • 3/11/2013 4:43 PM In reply to

Re: Importing Daz3D Studio 4.5 Pro animated character model into Sunburn

Hi

When I said cross post on the Sunburn forum I didn't mean the XNA Sunburn forum I meant the Synapse Sunburn forum.
    http://www.synapsegaming.com/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=4

It appears to be slightly more active on Sunburn than this Sunburn forum.

Regards
  • 3/22/2013 10:47 PM In reply to

I've never heard of Daz before now, how would you rate it? 

Uproar! in review now.
  • 3/29/2013 6:56 PM In reply to

It's great for creating animated 3D characters.  I'm not a 3D artist but I can make simple animations and 3D characters with it.

I'm not sure how good it is at making 3D video game characters because I've never been able to import any animations into my Sunburn games.
  • 4/16/2013 10:48 PM In reply to

I am on to something.

I started Daz3D Studio Pro 4.5.  Created a dummy Genesis 4 model.  Exported it as Collada.

I opened Blender and imported the Collada model I made.  I saved it as AutoDesk using XNA strict options.

I was able to import into Sunburn.  I even saw the grey skin of the Genesis model and it looked like a human being, albeit no face, no clothes, all grey, not animated.

Next test: animate the Genesis 4 Victoria 4 model and load that into Sunburn via Collada and Blender.

Page 1 of 1 (5 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion