Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (3 posts)

Two questions related to Publishing a ccgame

Last post 2/5/2013 10:01 AM by JCBDigger. 2 replies.
  • 2/5/2013 12:39 AM

Two questions related to Publishing a ccgame

I will make this quick and easy as possible with as much useful info as possible.

1. When running my game on xbox via creators club the game is stuck in trial mode, there is no option for choosing modes to play on startup.  The are no calls to Guide.SimulateTrialMode.   So I am not sure if there is something wrong or if that is normal.  On the other games I released I don't remember that being the case.  So question is, will the trial mode turn off when put as a play test or review game or what?

2.  I cannot upload a game without getting an error, 
    GAME BINARY ERROR: TotallyTanked.ccgame
    Not an Xbox game or built with wrong version of XNA Game Studio: Windows.v4.0.HiDef
    Other info.  I created a ccgame through Build- Package game as xna creators club game.
    What I find strange is the ccgame is put into bin\x86\release\game.  Should it not go to the xbox360 folder.
    When I debug using xna game studio the game plays on xbox fine, I can even run the game from the xbox once loaded to it from xna game studio.  The 360 build is set as the startup project.
    So any ideas of what the error is from?

Thanks in advance for any help, before other games just worked with no question and I cant find anything online to help to find a solution so I am curious of what is going on.

• 2/5/2013 12:54 AM In reply to

Re: Two questions related to Publishing a ccgame

Ok at least one of the problems is solved, the second one, it turns out I had Use high def to access full API and it did not like that, now the game publishes to the xbox360 folder.

I will test some and see if this same problem is why it was stuck in trial mode.
  • 2/5/2013 10:01 AM In reply to

Re: Two questions related to Publishing a ccgame

Meta:
    2.  I cannot upload a game without getting an error, 
    GAME BINARY ERROR: TotallyTanked.ccgame
    Not an Xbox game or built with wrong version of XNA Game Studio: Windows.v4.0.HiDef
    Other info.  I created a ccgame through Build- Package game as xna creators club game.
    What I find strange is the ccgame is put into bin\x86\release\game.  Should it not go to the xbox360 folder.

I don't know anything about the trial mode problem.  My release .ccgame files don't appear to be in trial mode.

The Xbox360 supports HiDef.  Not sure why your's does not!  Are you sure all the settings for the release build are correctly set to Xbox360 and none are incorrectly set to x86. Remember the setting for release are a separate list to those for Debug.

Regards
Page 1 of 1 (3 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion