Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (9 posts)

How long before my W8-BEN form is processed? (XBOX)

Last post 9/10/2014 5:13 PM by noowanda. 8 replies.
  • 4/16/2012 2:37 PM

How long before my W8-BEN form is processed? (XBOX)

I posted my W8 form from here in the UK several weeks ago (expected delivery time was a few days).

I've checked under the Personal and Tax Information link and according to that:"W8 Form not yet received or not yet processed."

How long does this typically take to be processed?
    Is there any way I can check (email/phone maybe) that it's been received and/or filled in correctly?

Thanks,
    George
  • 4/17/2012 9:03 PM In reply to

Re: How long before my W8-BEN form is processed? (XBOX)

Hello

If you sent your W-8BEN via email, then you would have reecived email confirmation that it was received. If you sent this via regular mail, we recommend that you included a tracking mechanism so that you know when it reaches our commerce facility because there is no communication sent telling you it has arrived. For non-US developers the W-8BEN is validated only once you reach the payout threshold.

Thanks.
  • 4/17/2012 9:19 PM In reply to

Thanks for the response.

I'm only developing for the Xbox, am I able to send it via email; I thought it was only for phone developers?

Assuming I'm over the threshold (i am), is there any confirmation if the form has failed validation?

Is there any harm in sending another (tracked) copy of the form?

Many thanks,
    George
  • 9/3/2014 3:05 PM In reply to

Hi there,
    is there anyone who has recently finished his account tax information?
    I have sent my W8-BEN form to

Microsoft
    Attn: Finance Department
    29011 Commerce Center Drive,
    Valencia, CA 91355
    USA

but for some reason the tracking info got lost when the letter reached the U.S.
    In order to use a more reliable delivery method I'd need to specify a phone number of the destination, which I obviously don't have.
    I also tried 2 times to reach id@xbox.com and creators@microsoft.com with the subject line that ZMan suggested

OTHER SUPPORT REQUEST - noowanda

but again, no response.
    Anyone an idea what to do?

Best
    Joachim

• 9/5/2014 6:34 PM In reply to

What do you mean by 'got lost'? That would suggest it didnt arrive - you should contact the shipping company to see what happened.

• 9/6/2014 11:13 AM In reply to

The whole story is:
    I send the document with "registered letter with reply advice". The last tracking I had was: "Reached the U.S.". And then nothing for 2 weeks.
    Then I filed a claim about what has happened to the letter. It took 8 weeks and the answer was "Sorry. It got lost somewhere.".

Well I could use "DHL" with their "Express Easy" delivery service (which would definitely have reliable tracking, it costs around 70$) but they don't accept the package when there is no phone number in the receiver's address field.
    I would give it a try with a random valid phone number, if I'd knew that at least the address of the financial department is still valid.
  • 9/8/2014 4:30 PM In reply to

If the shipping company say its lost and your account status has not changed then I think its fair to say it didn't get there. To the best of my knowledge the address is still correct and other people have been approved in the past few months.

So I'd try again. 

The Microsoft corporate phone number is : 425-882-8080

However the address actually goes to a company called Arvato (http://start.cortera.com/company/research/k3m1ork0r/arvato-services-inc/) who handle all the payment information so you could use their phone number 
  • 9/9/2014 11:30 AM In reply to

ZMan!! Thanks a lot for the infos! I guess that could help.
  • 9/10/2014 5:13 PM In reply to

Just for information:
    My W8-BEN has been validated successfully today (September, the 10th). So the address in the FAQ is still valid. I resent the documents on August, the 29th with "registered letter PRIORITY" and it has been delivered on September, the 8th. Thanks again ZMan for the help!
Page 1 of 1 (9 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion