Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 53 of 53 (1315 posts) « First ... < Previous 49 50 51 52 53

Can we do better with our Cover art?

Last post 12/21/2014 8:58 AM by Ernest Soler. 1314 replies.
  • 6/13/2013 8:36 PM In reply to

Re: Can we do better with our Cover art?

Was working on the box art for Vintage Hero and would love to hear some feedback if anybody happens to check out this thread. :) Not sure I like the lines running along the side of the artwork or the stars in the background...

• 6/13/2013 8:46 PM In reply to

same as you wrote, I would have prefere without the stars background and the lines.
    why not trying to continue the main picture to the borders or to scale it a little ?
  • 6/13/2013 9:02 PM In reply to

Hmm, I'd like to scale but I'd have to cut off a lot of the bottom of the artwork. Maybe that'll work though...
  • 6/19/2013 1:54 AM In reply to

Ok, here's something I like a little better. Any thoughts are appreciated. :)

• 6/19/2013 2:13 AM In reply to

Yes, I like that one even better.

-Jake
  • 6/20/2013 7:33 PM In reply to

This is actually a really helpful thread.

Here is my first shot at my upcoming game's box art. Any thoughts?

• 6/21/2013 7:22 PM In reply to

I think it's looking pretty good. The only suggestion I have is it might be a bit hard to read the title at smaller sizes but I can't really verify that with out seeing it. You may be ok. :)

Edit: Actually, after viewing in another tab and zooming out it appears to be readable. So you're probably fine.
  • 6/28/2013 12:16 PM In reply to

Action937:
    This is actually a really helpful thread.

Here is my first shot at my upcoming game's box art. Any thoughts?

I think you are doing yourself a massive disservice just taking a zoomed out screenshot like that. Wresting is exciting and dynamic, and I think you need a new camera angle on the action to show that off. The poses you've chosen are good, imagine if the shot was being taken from the ref's point of view, or an invisible camera man who's on the mat with the action.

Take a look at screenshots and covers from any popular wrestling game and take ideas from that. Ignore that they use licensed characters and pay attention to the angles; the drama of each scene.
  • 8/14/2013 9:03 PM In reply to

Been a while since seen anything on this thread, so thought I'd post a cover for Dawn of the Ronin. There's a few tweaks to be made, like adding some blood from the decapitated head, but any and all criticisms are appreciated!

• 8/14/2013 9:35 PM In reply to

Looks decent but be careful - you cant have blood on the cover and the decapitated head might be too much for this to pass peer review .

Think of it this way - an 8 year old might be browsing indie games....
  • 8/15/2013 6:09 AM In reply to

thelostone:
    Looks decent but be careful - you cant have blood on the cover and the decapitated head might be too much for this to pass peer review .

Think of it this way - an 8 year old might be browsing indie games....

That's why I like this thread, I forgot about guidelines for cover art! I'll get a body attaches to the head and that should fix it. Thanks!
  • 9/6/2013 6:14 PM In reply to

I'm by no means an artist but this is what i've made for my game. Which one looks better?

GSS Cover Art 1 GSS Cover Art 2

The second one isn't the initial ship that players get so I wasn't sure whether or not it should be on the cover.
  • 9/6/2013 7:34 PM In reply to

i like the one on top.

but personally, I will work on the title of the game, looks too small or hard to read from my point of view. maybe in 2 lines? or change the font to something that looks maybe less generic :) though your game is supposed to be a generic shooter
  • 9/6/2013 8:06 PM In reply to

NewToXNA:
    i like the one on top.
    Thanks for letting me know which one you like.

NewToXNA:
    I will work on the title of the game, looks too small or hard to read from my point of view. maybe in 2 lines? or change the font to something that looks maybe less generic :) though your game is supposed to be a generic shooter

I'll try splitting it into two lines with bigger text. I would like to keep the font however, because it follows the theme of the game and the rest of the game uses the same font.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback it means a lot.
  • 12/21/2014 8:58 AM In reply to

LionSword:
    I'm by no means an artist but this is what i've made for my game. Which one looks better?

Dippends who's driving it! :)

I prefeer the top one, it's darker and smoother..

But if your characters are the good guys, they could drive the other :)
Page 53 of 53 (1315 posts) « First ... < Previous 49 50 51 52 53 Previous Discussion Next Discussion