Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (17 posts)

Can't put apps on Zune HD

Last post 8/20/2010 7:20 PM by Stephen Styrchak. 16 replies.
  • 1/19/2010 1:33 AM

Can't put apps on Zune HD

I recently got a Zune HD and i'm very happy with it, but whenever I try to put a game or app on it, XNA Game Studio Package Utility freezes halfway through unpacking it to my zune, I have XNA Game studio 3.1, and XNA Game studio 3.1 Zune extensions, but I can't seem to get it to work. Can anyone help me?
  • 1/19/2010 3:19 AM In reply to

Re: Can't put apps on Zune HD

Answer
    Reply Quote
    Check list:
    XNA 3.1
    XNA 3.1 Zune Extension
    C# Express

ToDo:
    1.) Download a game or make your own, put it on your desktop, make sure it's a .ccgame file
    2.) Open XNA device center and add your Zune HD to the software
    3.) As an administrator, Right click on the file and go to open with and select Xnapack.exe (I'm pretty sure that's the name of it)

Should work, if you still have a problem post back with more info on what O/S your computer has Etc. Hope that works...
  • 1/19/2010 3:29 AM In reply to

crazzzy stoner:
    3.) As an administrator, Right click on the file and go to open with and select Xnapack.exe (I'm pretty sure that's the name of it)

XNAPack is the default app for .ccgames so a simple open should do it. I've also never had to run as an admin to do it.

• 1/19/2010 3:42 AM In reply to

i have windows 7 and xnapack is not default for some reason. Also your right probably not necessary to run as administrator but you never know worth a try.
  • 1/19/2010 4:02 AM In reply to

Thanks a ton guys, all I did differently was unpack the file from my desktop instead of documents and it works perfectly! I don't know if that did it, but my games work now so I'm happy! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D: D :D
  • 4/5/2010 1:51 PM In reply to

I'm having a similar problem...I have version 3.0 (tried 3.1 but it always crashed), and there doesn't seem to be any trouble unpacking the files to my Zune hd, but when I try to run them it comes up with an error message saying something along the lines of "file not found" and the zune reboots.
  • 4/5/2010 2:33 PM In reply to

Okay, I tried to get around any issues by uninstalling 3.0 and installing 3.1, and the zune extensions, but now I get an error message halfway through unpacking files: error 2160, xna framework runtime required by this game is not available on hylianhero (my zune). Help, please?
  • 4/5/2010 4:49 PM In reply to

FyreWeilder:
    Okay, I tried to get around any issues by uninstalling 3.0 and installing 3.1, and the zune extensions, but now I get an error message halfway through unpacking files: error 2160, xna framework runtime required by this game is not available on hylianhero (my zune). Help, please?

Make sure the games you are trying to unpack are built for XNA Framework 3.1. Zune HD does NOT support games built for version 3.0. (And if it did, you would not be able to use them, because version 3.0 did not have an API for touch input, and there's no other kind of input available on Zune HD...)
  • 4/5/2010 5:42 PM In reply to

Thanks, turns out that, as you said, the files I was trying to download were not made for the zune hd.  Found a different source of apps, and they download fine.
  • 7/30/2010 11:29 PM In reply to

I tried to "Add Device" (my zune hd 64gb) in the XNA Game studio 3.1 and my player was not recognized. I'm not sure what to do because I followed the instructions I could find and now I'm stuck.

I'd appreciate any help people could give me to get apps on my zune.

Thank so much
  • 7/30/2010 11:31 PM In reply to

• 7/31/2010 1:28 AM In reply to

Ya I installed that too but it doesn't see my zune
  • 7/31/2010 2:15 AM In reply to

I also just tried to open my visual studio 2008 anf I got an error message saying that the debugger does not support my version of windows. I have (7  bit). I don't have any idea what that message means let alone what to do about it.

Any help appreciated,
    Thanks
  • 8/19/2010 1:49 PM In reply to

Hi,

i bought a Zune HD and trying to install apps...
    i installed Xna game studio and zune extensions too as u mentioned. unfortunately when i download a .ccgame and click open with i can only find xnaPackFH extension. what should i do to make xnapack.exe available in this open with list?

• 8/19/2010 4:25 PM In reply to

sidstyleman:
    i installed Xna game studio and zune extensions too as u mentioned. unfortunately when i download a .ccgame and click open with i can only find xnaPackFH extension. what should i do to make xnapack.exe available in this open with list?
    Just double-click the file, and xnapack.exe will run automatically. If it doesn't, you need to repair or re-install XNA Game Studio and XNA Game Studio Platform Tools. The installer sets up the file association. It cannot be configured manually.
  • 8/20/2010 10:08 AM In reply to

HI Stephen,

thank u for prompt reply. i reinstalled as u suggested. I rememberd that i did not check in the option to sync with xbox or so....now i am able to open.
    But i've another problem. when i click unpack it throughs a msg "Error 2160: The XNA Framework runtime required by this game project is not available on your zune". Later on it din't poped this msg but holds the unpack process.

Help me out of this.

shahid
  • 8/20/2010 7:20 PM In reply to

Only games made specifically for Zune HD can be deployed to Zune HD. If the game was not made with the Zune Extensions (which is required to make a game for Zune HD), then it won't work on a Zune HD.

You should double-check with the source of your CCGAME file that the file in fact contains a game built for Zune HD.
Page 1 of 1 (17 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion