Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (5 posts)

DLC

Last post 11/4/2008 6:32 AM by Jenkmeister. 4 replies.
  • 11/4/2008 4:13 AM

DLC

Is there going to be any support for DLC? I know the team does not want us to release games with new features, but if we make our games extensible, so we can have content added to the user's files, then it would be a nice way to add additional (re)playability to a game.
  • 11/4/2008 4:29 AM In reply to

Re: DLC

To update game content, you must resubmit the game for peer review with an updated binary. Consumers can then select the "dowload again" option to get the new content.
  • 11/4/2008 4:34 AM In reply to

So Manny... thats totally different to what we were told at gamefest and what we've been telling people in the forums.

We were told that Microsoft is discouraging updating the binaries to provide purely new content or new features and that updates should be done for major bugs only. Is this now not the case?
  • 11/4/2008 5:00 AM In reply to

I think he might be saying thats the only way it could be done, not necessarily that it is the right or preferred way... if so, that answers my question though. No DLC. But it would be nice to store/DL files to the USERs' area of the hard drive, not in the packaged ccgame for extensibility.
  • 11/4/2008 6:32 AM In reply to

Updates should be used for correcting bugs or gameplay issues. It should not be a vehicle for DLC or adding new features to a game. There will be no mechanism (at least that's available in the foreseeable future) for downloading any files outside the ccgame.

But if it's a feature you can see being beneficial, please add it to connect so we can track it for potential future inclusion.
Page 1 of 1 (5 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion