Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (7 posts)

FINAL PAYOUTS AND COMMON QUESTIONS

Last post 9/13/2018 5:39 PM by The ZMan. 6 replies.
  • 12/8/2017 12:01 AM
    • (0)
    • MVP XNA Team Windows Phone Team Moderator
    • Posts 91

FINAL PAYOUTS AND COMMON QUESTIONS

Due to volume, emails to xblig@microsoft.com will be responded to within 10-15 BUSINESS days (M-F, 8AM-5PM PST).

KNOWN ISSUES and COMMON QUESTIONS:

When is the final payout?
    Since the last day for sales was pushed out to October, we won't make final payouts until February 15, 2018. This is because payments are made 45 days after the end of each calendar quarter. Additional notes: If you reside outside of the US, you may want to email xblig@microsoft.com an updated and signed W-8 form. We also suggest that all partners update their banking information.

How do I update my personal, tax, and banking information?
    You need to sign into your XBLIG account and then go to your My Dashboard to update this information.

I can't access My Dashboard:
    You must have an active subscription to access this area. If you don't have one, please email xblig@microsoft.com and we will provide you a subscription code that you can redeem.

My Dashboard still shows I haven't been paid:
    Some time ago, the dashboard stopped deducting payments made from the total seen on your Dashboard. Currently what you see is a rolling total of your game sales from the time the dashboard stopped updating to present state. Please always check your bank account for payments made for that quarter by Arvato and deduct that from each quarters "rolling total" as seen on your dashboard. This will give you a better idea of what your next payout amount should be. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

I am missing payments or haven't been paid:
    Please email xblig@microsoft.com with the following:

1. A scanned copy of your updated and signed W-8 form for those outside of the USA.
    2. Exact title of all games you did not receive payments for
    3. Your XBLIG account (the email you use to sign into your account)
    5. A screenshot of your payment dashboard if available

How can I release a game onto the Xbox One:
    There is a new program called the Creator's Program that offers limited Xbox Live features for the Xbox One where XBLIG Partners can sign up and release their game through: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/developers/creators-program
    For full Xbox Live features, developers can apply to the ID@Xbox Program: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/developers/id
  • 2/17/2018 5:48 PM In reply to

Re: FINAL PAYOUTS AND COMMON QUESTIONS

Thanks TygerLadi for your continued support through the sundown of Xbox Live Indie Games and XNA.
    Just received my final payment for Q3-Q4 of 2017 for Tunnel Lords. Everything looked in order.
    Guess the final piece of paperwork will be another 1099 for next years Tax Season!
    -Brett
  • 4/29/2018 6:30 PM In reply to

I haven't received my payment yet. 21 business days ago, I sent all required data and forms for the second time, and I don't get any response at all. What can I do now?
  • 7/4/2018 8:17 AM In reply to

So I actually ended up not getting paid over $200 despite countless attempts to reach out to the creators team. creators@microsoft.com and xblig@microsoft.com just won't answer.
  • 8/31/2018 5:17 PM In reply to

Key17 Games:
    I haven't received my payment yet. 21 business days ago, I sent all required data and forms for the second time, and I don't get any response at all. What can I do now?

I've emailed several times, still haven't received my payout.
  • 9/13/2018 5:12 PM In reply to

Been a while since I visited - all payments over $50 should have been paid around the middle of February.

I too got a bad 1099. In my case it was a duplicate of last years. ProHelp correct it after I emailed them.

I've ping the remnants of the team to see what is supposed to happen to payments under $50 and if anyone is checking the alias any more.
  • 9/13/2018 5:39 PM In reply to

Ok as of 9/13/18 - all payment questions should go to Microsoft at xblig@microsoft.com - they can't promise replies will be fast but the email is being read and processed.

All payments over $50 where the banking and tax information was correct sent out by Arvato in the middle of February. 

All payments under $50, or amounts that could not be paid are now back with Microsoft and require the owner to contact Microsoft via xblig@microsoft.com please send as much information as you can about you, your game, your bank etc for verification.

If you don't get a reply in a month or so then feel free to ping me zman@thezbuffer.com and I'll try to prod them but I have ZERO access to any of the systems so I can't actually help with payments.

Page 1 of 1 (7 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion