Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (8 posts)

Some thoughts on the last 10 XBLIG (article coming)

Last post 10/12/2017 12:08 PM by Vagabond208. 7 replies.
  • 9/10/2016 1:59 AM

Some thoughts on the last 10 XBLIG (article coming)

7 years, 10 months, 3,403 games, countless hours of fun.  I'd say we did well.

The last 10 XBLIG form a pretty good cross-section of what XBLIG was all about.  You've got arcade-style action.  You've got adventure.  You've got RPG.  You've got pixels, you've got polygons and you've got voxels.  You've got retro throwbacks and modern thrills.  You've got single-player, intense local 4-player battles, and deep co-op experiences that take place over Xbox Live.  You've got projects that whole teams worked on, projects made by a single person, and projects made by a brother and sister.  And of course--after all, this *is* XBLIG--you've got avatars.  And zombies.  Lots of zombies.  =)

10. Dizeaze
    9. Loot or Die 2
    8. Death Quota R
    7. ESPERriririnTelekinesisTIME
    6. Snake Party
    5. Avatar Eras Online
    4. Chasing Styx
    3. Yet Another Zombie Defense 2
    2. Survival Games Zombies
    1. Caroline's Important LifeDiary

I intend to write a more in-depth article on these last 10 games and see if it gets any exposure.  I think we've earned it.

If you created one of these games and want to send me something to use in the article, pop an e-mail over to yyr at yyrgames dot com sometime this weekend, and answer these 5 simple questions:
    1) Where are you located?
    2) Describe the team that worked on this game (how big/small? part-time/full-time? etc.)
    3) What inspired you (or your team) to create this game?
    4) Why did you choose to release it on Xbox Live Indie Games?
    5) What did Xbox Live Indie Games mean to you?

I would also welcome thoughts from any other developer, moderator, or whoever.  I can't fit everyone's thoughts into one article, but I'll do my best to get lots of different viewpoints.

Congratulations to, well, really, anyone who's ever released an XBLIG.  8 of them are mine.  I loved every moment working on them, and I know you guys did too. =)
  • 9/10/2016 9:24 PM In reply to

Re: Some thoughts on the last 10 XBLIG (article coming)

This is a great idea! Good publicity for your site I hope too. I'll respond :D
  • 9/20/2016 1:43 PM In reply to

If anyone is still here: I am still working on the article, so if you haven't yet responded feel free to add your thoughts.
  • 9/25/2016 7:55 AM In reply to

yyrGames,

I'm looking forward to reading the article when you finish it.

-Brett
  • 10/5/2016 7:03 PM In reply to

Well DANG.  I missed the last 10 by 1 game.  Just like my rank in high school, #11.  LOL
  • 11/2/2016 3:14 AM In reply to

I really wanted to be in the top 10% of my class.

I came in #33 out of #320. lol
  • 8/17/2017 4:13 PM In reply to

I know it's been a long time coming, but I wanted to let folks know that I completed writing the article and am now pitching it to Web sites.  I hope to update this post with a link to the article soon =)
  • 10/12/2017 12:08 PM In reply to

yyrGames,
    Did you ever get the article published? If not, I'd still be curious to read it.
    Thanks,
    Brett
    http://tunnellords.com/
Page 1 of 1 (8 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion