Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (19 posts)

[XBLIG platform] Can't create new project

Last post 7/21/2016 8:38 PM by ElvishJumpSuit. 18 replies.
  • 5/25/2016 3:13 PM

[XBLIG platform] Can't create new project

Hello,

My name is Alin and I have an xbox live indie game membership active since july last year, (7.25.15 ). My main reason for the subscription was to submit my xbox 360 specific game, created with a xbox360 specific engine, a project which started two years ago.

Now when I try to create project I get redirected to this microsoft announcement (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/xna/2015/09/09/xblig-program-announcement/) although they mention that they will still offer support for the current subscribers, until 09.2016. I was sure I can submit my game since my subscription was created before the announcement.

Can anyone help with that since it was basically a work in progress project which started before the announcement was made? 

Thanks
  • 5/26/2016 4:46 PM In reply to

Re: [XBLIG platform] Can't create new project

Hi Alin,

See my post in the other thread.

Since you are not a forum regular there might be some suspicion regarding requesting a code - we've have people using them badly.

If you want to email me your .ccgame that you want to review then I'll let Microsoft know you are serious about submitting something and we will make the process work out for you. zman@thezbuffer.com

Sorry for the extra step in the process but certain people have spoiled it for everyone... 

• 5/27/2016 3:47 PM In reply to

ZMan,

I'm in the same situation.  I could enter the title for a new game, but it takes me to an error screen instead of the "Game Info" screen.  The Game Title and Release Info sections work, but not the middle one(Game Info). Maybe an escalation is needed.

David Ghere
    Ghere Game Studios
  • 5/27/2016 4:10 PM In reply to

Answer
    Reply Quote
    My membership is for students obtained with dreamspark. Didn't know I cannot submit games as it is and thought that is because of the announcement.
    Sorry for the bother and thanks for answering!
  • 5/27/2016 6:11 PM In reply to

DreamSpark never allowed people to submit games - that was always a paid membership.

You can email and ask for a code, but I'm not sure they are handing them out to brand new people any more.

• 5/27/2016 6:12 PM In reply to

Ghere Game Studios:
    ZMan,

I'm in the same situation.  I could enter the title for a new game, but it takes me to an error screen instead of the "Game Info" screen.  The Game Title and Release Info sections work, but not the middle one(Game Info). Maybe an escalation is needed.

David Ghere
    Ghere Game Studios

I've mentioned it but you should continue to email yourself. Right now the small amount of support time we get is being taken up with E3 work so things are going pretty slow.
  • 7/11/2016 3:10 PM In reply to

Can you confirm me there is no way to submit new games, becuase as i read there should be a time limit up to September 2016, but right now is not allowing creating new games..
  • 7/11/2016 3:33 PM In reply to

You have to have an active developer account to create/review/playtest games.  I see that you don't have the "premium" member trophy next to your username and icon.  That is most likely the reason you can't create a new project.
  • 7/11/2016 6:05 PM In reply to

You may be able to get a membership code by emailing xblig@microoft.com - however due to the fact that you have no prior games or history in these forums it will probably not be granted unless you can show a website/portfolio/something that identifies you/shows you are a serious game developer... unfortunately some people used the free codes for evil and so Microsoft stopped handing them out to new people.

• 7/11/2016 7:58 PM In reply to

Yes, my only intention is to be able to create at least 1 game before the program shutdowns, i just have granted acess to Xna this year becuase my university didnt fit the requieriments for the Dreamspark program. I should message them and watch which response they give to me, Thanks
  • 7/11/2016 9:58 PM In reply to

Tote514:
    Yes, my only intention is to be able to create at least 1 game before the program shutdowns, i just have granted acess to Xna this year becuase my university didnt fit the requieriments for the Dreamspark program. I should message them and watch which response they give to me, Thanks

You can still make games on the PC with XNA game studio.
    These work exactly like their XBOX counterparts (get a usb wired controller).
    The only thing missing would be xbox live and avatars.

I think that Steam still take XNA submissions but you would need to go through Green Light

As a previous poster pointed out, only paid memberships could release games onto XBLIG.
    Dreamspark accounts only allowed deployment to your own XBOX for testing purposes.

Paid memberships for XBLIG stopped last September.....sorry!

EJS
  • 7/11/2016 10:28 PM In reply to

Tote514:

DreamSpark would not have given you access. It allowed you to run games on the Xbox but to sell games always required a paid subscription.

Feel free to email them but like I said they are really only extending subscriptions for existing developers at this point.

• 7/18/2016 9:05 PM In reply to

The ZMan:

DreamSpark would not have given you access. It allowed you to run games on the Xbox but to sell games always required a paid subscription.

Feel free to email them but like I said they are really only extending subscriptions for existing developers at this point.

Yes, thats the weird part i cant even run games on my own Xbox, even having this subscription. After sending email, was rejected to submit new project. Anyone here can take care of my game??
  • 7/18/2016 10:43 PM In reply to

Many things are failing in these final days! I know the way dreamspark worked under the covers changed some years ago so maybe the trail/student subscriptions no longer work on the xbox either.

If you can't run games on your own xbox how are you testing all those test cases that require an Xbox? You are running very late in the game to start platform testing especially if you've never shipped a game before.

I can't stop anyone else here from publishing your game for you but they would have to take 100% legal and fiscal responsibility for that and you would have to work out whatever deal you want between yourselves.

• 7/19/2016 8:33 PM In reply to

Im trying to deploy via Xna Creators Club app hub, but it says that my profile does not have the requierements to run the app. Im not a newbie im game developtment have created some and posted in IndieDB, but havent been able to get ever access to Xblig is $99 and i wasnt able to get that money.
  • 7/20/2016 2:59 PM In reply to

As we keep explaining... without a membership you can neither deploy to Xbox or submit a game to the system.

This platform is shutting down. The announcement was made almost a year ago and there is about 5-6 weeks left before it is done. You've not been able to buy a membership since September last year.  

Microsoft have extended memberships for those few remaining members who are finishing up the last games but not taking on new people, certainly not at this late date.. At this point the best I can recommend is that you try some other platforms (ID@Xbox is the new Microsoft indie platform and other console manufacturers have their own too - MonoGame is supported on some of these and is XNA like).

If you are really some uber XNA developer and just don't want to make it public in these forums feel free to drop me an email with the proof.. 
  • 7/21/2016 3:23 AM In reply to

Yes, just to be sure, you dont have the permission to allow give subscription?? Becuase im not sure if share my game to you will be good option, is not like i dont like to public it, but will send you message with game page.
  • 7/21/2016 3:55 PM In reply to

I'm what Microsoft call an MVP - a volunteer community member who helps with the forums. We have some forum admin power to keep things in order but that is all.

Your only chance of getting Microsoft to give you a code is somehow convince them that you are a very serious XNA developer who happens to have not bothered to get a code for the last 8 years...  it doesn't sound like you are in that category. 

Honestly your best bet right now is to switch to Monogame and find a different platform.

BTW I'm not asking for your game to steal it.. I was simply offering to maybe vouch for you if were for some reason being incognito. 
  • 7/21/2016 8:38 PM In reply to

The ZMan:
    IS@Xbox is the new Microsoft indie platform
    I'm calling in a drone strike!
    EJS
Page 1 of 1 (19 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion