Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 16 (376 posts) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

What's broken with XBLIG this week ;-)

Last post 3/14/2018 10:45 PM by Team Train Frontier. 375 replies.
  • 9/25/2015 3:50 PM

What's broken with XBLIG this week ;-)

If an issue affects you then please email creators@microsoft.com even if its on this list. Its important to know how many people are affected.

FAQs

New

Being Fixed

Fixed
    9/25/15 Apoc Town submitted for review but did not appear [1] - anyone else affected? (Fixed 0/7/15)
    9/18/15 Games passing review are not showing up on the app store [123] New Games? Updates seem to make it (Fixed 10/7/15)
    9/23/15 Games submitted to review or playest not showing up in review menu at all [1, 2] (Fixed 9/24/15)
    9/9/15 Remove from Marketplace not working [1] (Fixed 9/23/15)
    9/8/15 Download numbers not being updated [1] (Fixed 9/14/15)
    9/2/15 Games submitted to review or playtest stuck in 'in process' [1] (Fixed 9/14/15)
    8/8/15 Cannot purchase memberships [1] (No longer relevant see shutdown announcement)
    7/17/15 Cannot access members areas/premium membership 'cancelled' [1] (Fixed 9/11/15)
    7/?/15 Ratings not working [1] (Fixed 8/12/15)

Workaround
    8/26/15 Game cannot be downloaded from marketplace [1] (8/31/15 suggested resubmit with new name)

Won't Fix
    9/26/15 Email notifications for forums threads stopped [1] - is this everyone? (Seems to be the old issue that affect some people)
    3/10/15 Marketplace missing from many countries [1, 2, 3] (5/22/15 Won't fix
    ??/??/15 Sales numbers are incorrect:
    I cant find a thread on this one but at some point the sales numbers no longer showed payments made. This means your total continues to increase and may show more than the $150 threshold even when that is no longer true. To get a correct figure you have to maintain your own totals subtracting any payments made or email creators@microsoft.com and ask for a statement

• 9/25/2015 7:54 PM In reply to

Re: What's broken with XBLIG this week ;-)

Update on Games Submitted to Review - I just submitted APOC TOWN for review with a new update (which still isn't on marketplace since it was approved on 9/18) and it isn't showing up in the review section.
  • 9/26/2015 2:14 PM In reply to

Thanks ZMAN for putting a thread together and giving us a place to check for updates without searching the site. You rock. You might want to add that new review submissions are being included in the total number of review-able games but links to those games are not available.

Checking on here every day to see if someone has responded and telling fans not to worry is exhausting. I was extremely pleased to see that TigerLily was on here two weeks ago fixing bugs that had been broken for a month prior and assuring us that the ID@XBOX team would be keeping things running. But now, a full week since the system broke just days after the first big fix, we are seeing equally alarming issues with the service. Will it be another month before a serious investigation/response is undertaken?

Now I understand that the ID@XBOX team isn't directly responsible for any issues we're experiencing and they have been fantastic when they do attempt to repair xblig (late nights and overtime).

But us developers are wondering if we should put a lot of work into one last release. What's the point if we aren't sure that there will be a functional xblig to publish our games on?

A lot of the "fixes" on this list just magically started working without any notice from ID@XBOX. If they fixed them then that's awesome, but if they didn't then we have a serious problem with how frequently they are monitoring this system. Once a month is unacceptable to me at least. Maybe others feel differently.

Not sure what else I can do at the moment besides ask for some kind of response regarding status and continue to let you know when I see new issues.
  • 9/26/2015 3:33 PM In reply to

To the best of my knowledge all the fixes above were as a result of someone at Microsoft changing something. Yes even if Jessica didn't come in here and post. The team doing the engineering work are fairly detached from the ID@XBOX team and the ID@XBOX team are pretty busy on other things so you don't always hear back from them.

I see Apoc town is still missing but I see 2 games did make it into review yeaterday... so is this just a problem with Apoc? Is anyone else seeing issues?

• 9/26/2015 5:33 PM In reply to

Apoc town is in process when you look at its forum post. That's the new update from yesterday.

The original approved version has been out there since the 18th along with several other new titles that are stuck.

Two problems one game lol
  • 9/26/2015 8:09 PM In reply to

Yes I see that... but I also see 2 games that did make it into peer review yesterday. I'm trying to work out if every game going to peer review is 'stuck' or just yours.

• 9/26/2015 9:28 PM In reply to

Thank so much let me know if I can help any other way.
  • 9/27/2015 12:40 PM In reply to

Are the best selling lists updating? They don't seem to be.

• 9/28/2015 2:00 PM In reply to

They update once per day and just checked they are working.
  • 9/30/2015 6:16 AM In reply to

I submitted an update to smatter last night and its not moved from in process yet.
  • 9/30/2015 11:28 AM In reply to

Has anybody heard back from support about new games not making it to the marketplace yet? I sent an email over a week ago but have heard nothing, it must be over 2 weeks since you (Chris) sent your email - any response?
  • 9/30/2015 8:52 PM In reply to

Unless they literally just sent something today, I haven't had responses to multiple emails.
  • 10/1/2015 12:28 PM In reply to

The hardest part about waiting so long to get a fix is the silence to inquiries. as far as I know nobody even is aware that Apoc town is broken. I hope they realize the long term negative (or positive!) influence this last year of Xblig will have on where many developers choose to move on to.
  • 10/1/2015 4:36 PM In reply to

I agree, if I just knew they were looking into the issue I would feel a whole lot better. I hope they aren't just waiting until a whole bunch of games stack up.
  • 10/1/2015 9:24 PM In reply to

Chris Antoni:
    The hardest part about waiting so long to get a fix is the silence to inquiries. as far as I know nobody even is aware that Apoc town is broken. I hope they realize the long term negative (or positive!) influence this last year of Xblig will have on where many developers choose to move on to.

The only reason we have any support at all is because myself and others hammered this fact into various people at Microsoft for a long time...

Feel free to remind them of that fact - you all know how to contact id@xbox

On the other hand id@xbox has more people applying for it than they can deal with so...
  • 10/1/2015 10:14 PM In reply to

The last time there was big press about XBLIG support (payments not being sent) Microsoft took a huge PR hit. That's why they are rolling out the red carpet with XBLIG being shut down.

I was impressed by your work and Tiger Lily's at first, but I can't help assuming that this is it for XBLIG support. We'll maybe hear back in a few weeks when enough games aren't being released/updated. Or when one of the bigger games with a large following goes down.

And I've emailed them multiple times. At first I seemed to get prompt responses from Lily within a week of sending it, but now we just get an automated response and no human interaction.

I know Microsoft cares about their PR because Tiger Lily asked me to respond to one of the threads positively after they resolved a previous issue; to show that the id@xbox team was indeed helping us.
  • 10/2/2015 12:41 AM In reply to

As I've posted before everything is supposed to be working for 2 more years - this isn't some excuse to shut it down early at least to the best of my knowledge its just one more thing thats gone wrong, a single part time support person and a engineering team that presumably have XBLIG as low priority. Jessica is still there but at times has bigger fish to fry. I did escalate again today

Like I said if you feel like id@xbox is going to take a hit - let them know how you feel... though these forums are not read by them
  • 10/2/2015 12:55 AM In reply to

As always, thank you.
  • 10/2/2015 5:03 AM In reply to

I've heard that XBL has had some problems last week so the engineering team likely have had a bad and busy week...
  • 10/2/2015 7:56 PM In reply to
    • (0)
    • MVP XNA Team Windows Phone Team Moderator
    • Posts 91

The ZMan:
    I've heard that XBL has had some problems last week so the engineering team likely have had a bad and busy week...

Hey All,

I apologize for the silence. We have lost some resources on our as is small team, so it's taking some affect on the work-load.  We hope to remedy this soon (at least I'm crossing my fingers!).

The last few weeks have had engineering putting out a lot of fires, but we're trying to get each issue fixed as fast as possible.

XBLIG support does have a 5-10 business day SLA (so 1-2 week response turn-around time) although I do try my best to respond as quickly as possible.

I try to utilize my time by trying to engage our engineering team on fixing issues that come up (not always an easy task), which means I am not on these forums often, but hopefully ZMan's updates and activities on these threads provides some assurance to you that we are actively working on these issues. 

I have a small pocket of breathing room today - so all emails should be responded to soon.

Thanks!

Jessica
  • 10/2/2015 8:17 PM In reply to

Not sure if you'll be here to read this, but if so: thank you for your efforts, we all appreciate them very much =)
  • 10/4/2015 5:50 AM In reply to

I see some games made it onto the service on the 28th and another on the 2nd

Also games all seem to be in review now and not pending

So is this fixed or is only affecting some games?
  • 10/4/2015 8:12 AM In reply to

I still can't see any new games on the marketplace - just to make it clear to everyone new games are showing up in the game catalog as approved but when you click the link to the marketplace you get redirected to a page not found message. The game on the 28th was an update for total miner so it was already on the marketplace. However I think the devs should download the new update from the marketplace so we can confirm it has gone through and the issue is just impacting new games and not updates.
  • 10/4/2015 4:18 PM In reply to

OK that maybe makes some sense...

• 10/4/2015 11:52 PM In reply to

I believe that the problem lies in when the XBLIG Marketplace isn't updated with a place to buy the new games. I hope that the newer games exist on the Microsoft servers but lack a way to download them.

Regardless.... I don't believe the id@xbox team actually understands the problem. Perhaps you can help relay this information (and thank you for it).
Page 1 of 16 (376 posts) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » Previous Discussion Next Discussion