Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 5 (113 posts) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

Account Access Disappears

Last post 9/19/2018 9:28 AM by Patiponpa. 112 replies.
  • 11/11/2014 9:44 PM

Account Access Disappears

Something is wrong on your end. My account will suddenly disappear with error messages appearing when I click renew (not that I need to renew, but I was curious).

Yesterday it occurred in the morning and turned back on by lunch. Today it has been down all day.

I am unable to see my project information or run xna. It is definitely an issue with your database marking me as a member or not. Some other people had a similar issue but I look now and I'm the only one missing a trophy in the forums.

Let me know if I should worry or just wait it out.

Thanks,

Chris
  • 11/13/2014 7:53 PM In reply to

Re: Account Access Disappears

Just happened again 2 minutes ago while browsing the forums.
  • 11/13/2014 8:42 PM In reply to

I'm pretty sure no one from Microsoft reads these forums - you may be better off emailing them.
  • 11/13/2014 10:00 PM In reply to

Do you know the proper address? Thanks
  • 11/14/2014 3:33 AM In reply to

creators@microsoft.com

They seem to be reading this email.  I've got a couple of responses with the missing game sales issue some developers are having.
  • 11/14/2014 3:50 AM In reply to

Thanks! I'll ask them about sales too since I've been here since August but have no payments for last quarter as well.
  • 11/15/2014 2:54 PM In reply to

Quick update...

I emailed creators club so we'll see if that guy finds the time to see my email. What a shame I discovered this platform in its waning year(s?).

I still do not have access and now I'm starting to get concerned. I have a game I'm ready to submit to playtest and I would like to review some more games so I can get Fright Light finally published.

If anyone else has had this issue please let me know and how long it lasted.
  • 11/16/2014 2:25 PM In reply to

11/16 - Almost a full week now of no membership access. Hoping ZMan or someone will see this and escalate in some way

Here is the error message:  80153003
  • 11/16/2014 7:24 PM In reply to

I researched the error and solved the problem.

Any time this occurs, I have to delete the cache from my XBOX 360. Upon doing this and reopening XNA my account works again. I've repeated three times, but what makes me upset is that every time I shut off my XBOX 360 and try to open XNA it causes the error.

At least I have it working, was really getting worried there. I hope if someone else gets this that my work around will help them as well.
  • 11/17/2014 4:30 PM In reply to

What do you mean by 'the cache'?

I thought this issue was about permissions on the web site not on your xbox? I'm a litte confused.

I dont have any idea what would cause this. In the many years of being in this forum I dont think we've had anyone with that issue. Normally account issues go away after a few days.
  • 11/17/2014 5:04 PM In reply to

When I went on the forums I was not a full member. On xbox I was being prompted to purchase a membership upon trying to start xna game connect. Attempting this caused an error.

After deleting my system cache on Xbox and opening xna the forum immediately worked again.

The error message I received is common for a corrupted system cache. No idea how it happened or how your back end works so I can only speculate.
  • 11/17/2014 5:07 PM In reply to

I didnt produce the systems so I can only speculate but there's no connection between the xbox side of things and the XBLIG site other than the live logins.

Can you try going to xbox.com and logging in to see if there are any TOS changes you need to accept. There have been problems in the past where the XBLIG systems were getting auth errors becuase xbox said they had not acepted some agreement.

Otherwise I dont have a clue... note that I'm not Microsoft, nor are Microsoft in theses forums. 
  • 11/17/2014 5:41 PM In reply to

I will check and if it happens again I'll take screenshots for sure of both.

Thanks for everything you do zman!!!
  • 11/19/2014 10:20 AM In reply to

This has happened again to me just which will be the third time I have lost membership access in 2 weeks. I will let you know if the issue clears without logging in on the Xbox.
  • 11/20/2014 6:05 AM In reply to

I have the same problem actually, I can't review and launch XNA
  • 11/20/2014 4:26 PM In reply to

It was resolved after 1 day by it self ... strange
  • 11/21/2014 2:44 PM In reply to

Just got access back after 2 days. I didn't log in on the Xbox during this time either.

Edit: Just lost access again after about 10 minutes.
  • 11/21/2014 9:26 PM In reply to

The only thing we know to try is logging into xbox.com to see if there are TOS requests you have to accept. Do you have a friend with an Xbox you could try it on to see if it is hardware related (seems unlikely).

I'd suggest phoning Xbox support but they were clueless about XBLIG even when it was supported.

Sorry I dont know what else to suggest.

• 11/22/2014 12:52 PM In reply to

The ZMan:
    The only thing we know to try is logging into xbox.com to see if there are TOS requests you have to accept. Do you have a friend with an Xbox you could try it on to see if it is hardware related (seems unlikely).
    Thanks for the suggestions but it doesn't seem to be related to accepting any terms of service or the Xbox being used. Interestingly this time I had access until I logged onto the Xbox website to reply to messages. Also the issue doesn't seem to happen on my other XNA account. I will try a few things and see if I can figure anything out.
  • 11/22/2014 10:58 PM In reply to

I have the same problem as you and the same suspicions about the cause of the problem. I desperetely need an urgent fix to this :-/

I've sent an email to ZMAN with the details :

I've had the same problem as Square Bananas on the forum and can't use my account to access paid part of xna app hub with my teamshuriken account.

I actually had the same problem happen to me 3 weeks or so ago on my other TeamShuriken account, but I figured it wasn't worth the trouble investigating too much since I still had my Studio TeamShuriken account working.

I think the Team Shuriken account stopped working near the time the new xbox website came out. I usually log on there atleast a few times a week because I left the associated gamertag at the final screens of Uncraft Me 1-2 and often receive private messages from fans.

Yesterday, I logged out from the new xbox website from the Team Shuriken account and then logged back into my Studio TeamShuriken account from the new xbox website to then go check out the status of my peer review status (one login means when I log from hotmail, xbox.com or apphub site, I don't need to reenter my credentials for other site).

The apphub site now redirects me to purchase an apphub membership when I click on the peer review button.

The reason why I need this fixed urgently is I currently have a game, Uncraft'Em All in peer review with 7/8 required passes. I have ticked the box to select when the game hits the marketplace, because I was afraid of AppHub bugs and wanted to be able to avoid my game going into a bugged marketplace if ever a bug was annouced while my game was in peer review (As often happens at end of quarters, + I was afraid the investigation would create problems). The result is that I can't know if my game got the pass, and when it gets the last pass required, I won't be able to click the button to push it into the marketplace.

I've verified that my app hub membership should be good until may 2015. My gold account will expire soon though on november 28.

EDIT : AFTER A FEW WEEKS IN A BUGGED STATE, MY TEAM SHURIKEN ACCOUNT IS NOW BACK INTO WORKING STATE. STUDIO TEAMSHURIKEN DOESN'T WORK. I WAS ABLE TO GO CHECK PEER REVIEW FORUM AND SEE I HAVE RECEIVED PASS #8, WHICH MEANS ALL THAT STANDS BETWEEN MY GAME AND THE MARKETPLACE IS ME BEING ABLE TO LOGIN AND PRESS RELEASE NOW - SO DEPRESSING :-/

• 11/22/2014 11:40 PM In reply to

I was able to get it unstuck in a weird way.

When it asked me to pay to join XBLIG, I chose to Join Now. It sent me to XBOX.com, then i tried to purchase there and it said "Session expired" and sent me to xbox.com

I went back to apphub, tried peer review and it didn't work.

Then I signed out/in, go to peer review, purchase all the way to confirm the 100$ payment. It gave me a message "Unable to complete the request at this time, contact support". I pressed to purchase the confirm again, got the same message. Then I came back on app hub and peer review works + I was able to push my game into the marketplace :)
  • 11/23/2014 12:35 AM In reply to

Studio Team Shuriken:
    I was able to get it unstuck in a weird way.

When it asked me to pay to join XBLIG, I chose to Join Now. It sent me to XBOX.com, then i tried to purchase there and it said "Session expired" and sent me to xbox.com

I went back to apphub, tried peer review and it didn't work.

Then I signed out/in, go to peer review, purchase all the way to confirm the 100$ payment. It gave me a message "Unable to complete the request at this time, contact support". I pressed to purchase the confirm again, got the same message. Then I came back on app hub and peer review works + I was able to push my game into the marketplace :)

You're a freaking ninja man... good job :)
  • 11/23/2014 4:38 AM In reply to

I tried it again since both of my account are now in bugged state.

I can get the peer review screen to work by "purchasing" an apphub membership which will not actually purchase anything. Even if it only says session expired as an error message it's enough to unlock the peer review screen. Peer review forum itself stays bugged though.

I'll send those findings to creators email though by now I'm just so damn relieved i was able to find a work around and release my game. Also, maybe help someone else who could get in the same situation.
  • 11/24/2014 11:14 AM In reply to

My access has been coming and going during the last three weeks. Ive contacted xna team but got no response.

I accidentally bought a second xna membership, but xbox support fixed that without any haggle, the support also recognize me as a developer - a strike of fame there :D

The haxx to press the purchase button only worked once, and it could just be coincidence.
  • 11/25/2014 12:31 AM In reply to

My XNA subscription has also been flakey over the last couple of weeks, sometimes my Xbox thinks I don't have a subscription and will not let me deploy to Xbox. Some of my testers have also reported the same problem. Very, very, very concerning.
Page 1 of 5 (113 posts) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > Previous Discussion Next Discussion