Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (6 posts)

How to set the game's cover for XBOX.

Last post 1/4/2013 8:57 PM by Aura E.. 5 replies.
  • 12/17/2012 9:07 PM

How to set the game's cover for XBOX.

Hello, I have just begun testing my game on my XBOX and I can't find how to set the cover of the game for the "MyGames" screen.
    Right now it shows just a grey background. Thanks in advance.

Daniele
  • 12/17/2012 9:19 PM In reply to

Re: How to set the game's cover for XBOX.

The box art is part of the game submission when you upload your game here for play testing or peer review. See http://xbox.create.msdn.com/en-US/home/faq/xbox_live_indie_games#xboxfaq-submission for details.

There's nothing you can do to set the box art when you are just testing the game. You can set a game thumbnail in the project properties of the Xbox game project in Visual Studio but that won't affect the grey background, just the icon next to your game and any storage files it creates when you're browsing through your hard drive in the storage settings from the Xbox dashboard.
  • 12/17/2012 11:10 PM In reply to

I was starting to think that.  Thanks.
  • 12/24/2012 9:58 AM In reply to

So... in short, we have to resubmit the game with the new box art... :(
    I don't know if the publishing time reset when we do that. I hope not.
  • 12/26/2012 6:02 AM In reply to

Hi Aura,

In my case, everytime I submitted my game for peer review, I had to upload the box art, as it always showed a grey box. It didn't matter if it was the same image as before.

I hope it helps!!

Tarh Ik
    PS: This posting has been posted "AS IS"
  • 1/4/2013 8:57 PM In reply to

Hi there,

Yes, the grey box is kind of weird, but after uploading the box art is there.

I successfully changed the box art. When doing so, I had to resubmit/edit the game information. The only problem I can notice about that is that it creates a new post in the forum, but I guess it's fine.

Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 (6 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion