Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (5 posts)

Wrong price point release? Can I change it?

Last post 12/2/2012 6:09 PM by Modern07. 4 replies.
  • 11/29/2012 3:52 PM

Wrong price point release? Can I change it?

Damm, we are so close to passing review and I noticed we clicked the wrong price point for the release! It will release as a $1 game instead of $4! 

Merry Christmas to all? Will I have a chance to modify it before my intended release of dec 7th, if I chose a controlled date?

edit: Read 80ms vs 240ms points!
  • 11/30/2012 4:33 AM In reply to

Re: Wrong price point release? Can I change it?

Answer
    Reply Quote
    I don't believe you can change it until after it's passed. Why would you make it anything other than $1? History has shown that $1 is the only price that really makes money unless you've got something extraordinary.
  • 11/30/2012 5:15 AM In reply to

Thanks for the advice. I think it'd be smarter to keep a higher price point, but we'll see.
  • 12/1/2012 2:03 PM In reply to

Have you done any research into sales statistics for various price points? There's a sales thread here on the site that you might check out if you haven't done so already.
  • 12/2/2012 6:09 PM In reply to

Jim Perry:
    Have you done any research into sales statistics for various price points? There's a sales thread here on the site that you might check out if you haven't done so already.

Almost everyone who played that "Moonbreaker" that I talked to was insulted by the low price point of 80ms points. Considering this game is more feature rich and a sequel, I wanted to go higher. Unfortunately, I misclicked... I really do think we need to be in 240ms points on release, but I get it if that's not possible.

Page 1 of 1 (5 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion