Xbox LIVE Indie Games
Sort Discussions: Previous Discussion Next Discussion
Page 1 of 1 (4 posts)

Multiple monitor setup + Fullscreen + V-sync = Mouse lag

Last post 9/14/2012 7:32 PM by tehIndie. 3 replies.
  • 9/3/2012 10:10 AM

Multiple monitor setup + Fullscreen + V-sync = Mouse lag

Hi, I don't know if this only happens to me but for some reason when I start any XNA app in fullscreen with v-sync in my multiple monitor setup, the mouse lags a lot even though the game is running at 60 fps all the time and everything but the mouse movement looks smooth... I tried using a gamepad and that doesn't happen with it.

If you have a camera attached to the mouse (like in a first person shooter) it looks like the game is stuttering...

Can anyone confirm this please? (only if you have a multiple monitor setup)

2. Run it and move your mouse in circles. The mouse movement should be smooth
    3. Open ChaseCameraGame.cs, go to the constructor and add this: graphics.IsFullScreen = true;
    Run it again. The mouse movement should be sluggish.

If you still don't notice it, try changing this values to your native resolution and compare fullscreen with windowed:
    graphics.PreferredBackBufferWidth = 853;
    graphics.PreferredBackBufferHeight = 480;

Thanks.
  • 9/11/2012 10:05 PM In reply to

Re: Multiple monitor setup + Fullscreen + V-sync = Mouse lag

Please anyone? I just want to know if this is my problem or something that everyone has...
  • 9/12/2012 6:16 AM In reply to

Answer
    Reply Quote
    I just tried this on my home system (NVidia GPUs) and didn't see any lag.  I sort of remember seeing an issue like this on some (much) older ATI hardware but I can't remember the specifics.  The first step I would take is to be sure that your graphics drivers are up to date.  After that maybe try running without v-sync.  You could even try a different mouse.  Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • 9/14/2012 7:32 PM In reply to

InfiniteInstant:
    I just tried this on my home system (NVidia GPUs) and didn't see any lag.  I sort of remember seeing an issue like this on some (much) older ATI hardware but I can't remember the specifics.  The first step I would take is to be sure that your graphics drivers are up to date.  After that maybe try running without v-sync.  You could even try a different mouse.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks. I finally got to test this in another setup and it's okay. I don't what it is but it's okay as long as it doesn't happen to other people :D
Page 1 of 1 (4 posts) Previous Discussion Next Discussion